The post holder will either be from a political campaign background, a strategic communications agency, or a large brand that operates in various territories. The role will suit someone who has years of experience running qualitative and quantitative workstreams to gather real and new understandings of specific people groups in various countries.
They will probably be leading an insight team or brand monitoring team that feeds into the design of advertising, PR, and/or marketing. Previous Experience
Skills and character traits
- Research on launching services in new markets, territories.
- Creation of insight reports for consumption by clients internally and externally.
- Leading on the retrospective measurement of impact for PR campaigns, advertising and marketing.
- Working on political campaigns with very detailed audience mapping and targeting, or working in a polling company that serves major clients with tailor made strategic insight.
- Creation of short and long term recommendations and actions that will improve effectiveness of PR, Marketing and Branding.
- Working to tight time frames and to competing priorities and demands from various stakeholders.
- Influencing and co-working with colleagues and clients to ensure insights are properly turned into action.
- Stakeholder mapping and devising new ways to influence target audiences.
- Development of micro-targeting criteria for social media campaigns.
- Acting as chair of focus group discussions.
- Commissioning agencies to conduct polling overseas, and management of the agency throughout the process.
- Writing questions for public polling agencies that align to strategic objectives.
- Working cross-culturally in a respectful and effective way.
- Turning insights into actionable intelligence and then delivering change into the planning of campaigns.
This role will suit someone who is self-motivated and visionary – able to look past the day to day activity of a Communications team towards what could and should be done in the future. The person will need a robust attitude to working hard and be ready to put forward their thinking and changes pro-actively. They will be persuasive and excellent at verbal communication as they seek to transform other people’s work to better align activities towards strategic outcomes.
Critical and lateral thinking will be a major requirement as this person must analyse a complex landscape of political, corporate and military actors. They will need to be able to keep a calm and focused mind in challenging environments. Creativity in how to overcome challenges is needed frequently.
We thank you in advance to send your application (CV + LM) to the following email address: email@example.com